3. while still warm, pour sugar-honey-water into the flour
mix and k n e a d together (by hand or - i used my kitchenaid)
4. add egg and k n e a d again
5. refridgerate dough for a couple of hours
6. m a k e - roll out dough and cut out cookies
(note: we also used cookie stamps and a knife to decorate)
7. b a k e at med-high heat and remove from oven shortly
after the cookies rise (it also depends on how thin you make your
cookies, but we baked ours at 180° C for about 3-4 minutes)
- as soon as you take them out of the oven - while still hot, glaze with (very well) beaten egg.
tip: if you want to have darker brown cookies, add 1-2tsp of cocoa to the egg.
- when cookies are cool(i usually do it the next day), decorate with icing.
tip: if you're having a hard time making straight lines with your icing, try making a line of dots or dashs(that is, if your icing is not too runny), looks better than a runny line! and makes the cookies cuter!
if you intend to store them, store in a container with a cinnamon stick, a few cloves and vanilla bean stick :)