Sunday, April 28, 2013


i joined the spring kids clothes week challenge as soon as i found about it. i was very excited, hoping to get some cute clothes made for the boys, but unfortunately this week - the week of the challenge, turned out to be the busiest i've had in a while. so by the evening i was always too tired to even clean my desk for some sewing.....BUT by saturday/yesterday, everything settled down a little and first on my list was something i truely hate! to do - motivation was to have a "clean slate" before i started something new. i mended 9 pairs of play-pants with knee holes using fleece fabric scraps. the only creative part was choosing the colors, but at least the boys have a bunch of almost new pants that can be worn to preschool again! :)

p.s. i used my cup-press method to make the marks for the circles for cutting...easier than tracing!

now off to sew some striped seersucker shorts - yay!....i hope the sewing goes well!


  1. Uff there are some pants waiting for me ... I think I will do the iron method.

    1. i just came accross another 3 pairs to mend!...boys will be boys!
      this method actually doesn't take too long(getting in the mood for mending is the worst part! :), and most of all the patches stay on!...the iron patches i've tried always started to peel off soon :(